Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Sewing Classes Part 1

For Christmas I asked my mother for sewing classes. I know, I'm a total nerd. I mean, who asks for "school" for Christmas?! THIS GIRL! It's a program that is offered through our local college's "Workforce Training" courses. The class that I REALLY wanted was specific to tailoring, as it is getting closer to wedding season and I want to be ready with all the know-how on all the alterations I will be doing. Last year I kind of started doing alterations without really knowing what I was doing, but I learned as I went along and have become pro at it! The only thing is is that I don't know how to do all the fancy seams at the bottom of a bridal gown so I can't hem it for any of the brides. I can take that sucker in or let it out, no problem, but I can't hem it, sorry. Not really a thing a bride wants to hear. So, back to the class, in order to do the advanced class I have to complete the basic class. Some of the things are a little redundant, and it's a bit boring for now, but I'm excited because I am actually getting to learn all the proper terms for specific stitches. I know that they all have special names, but I just know them as the "Fold It Over One" or the "Curvy One." Very scientific, I know. I am however looking forward to learning more, especially with the advanced class. That one is going to be so much more challenging and I am looking forward to it.

(If only we all looked this pretty while sewing. Instead I wear my sweats, no makeup and I have a can of Diet Dr. Pepper next to me.)

Other than that, my life has been a bit quiet. Other than trying to organize my kids' rooms. It's going to be a month long project and I might not make it out alive.

2 comments:

  1. I asked for sewing classes also. Only problem is we can't really afford them and there aren't any near by. The link doesn't work by the way.
    That's good to start from the beginning because you get to refresh your memory. I totally agree with your kids room. I can fold clothes and organize his drawers really well but within a week a tornado went through his room. Good luck and have fun in class!!

    madebyniki.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for letting me know! I removed that part of the post. I guess it's one of those private links.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...