Monday, September 5, 2011

Getting His Craft On

So, as you can see I have been a little MIA as of late. I wish I had some fun fabulous excuse, but the reality is that I have been helping a friend with her bridal shop in doing dress alterations and I have just been a smidge busy with those. Maybe I will do a fun tutorial for you so you can learn how to take in a formal dress with boning. I'm pro now! Lol Or not.

Any-hoo, my cute little husband was watching one of his gaming forums and they had a tutorial for making gaming t-shirts using bleach in a spray bottle and a cut out design. I didn't have the heart to tell him that that particular idea has been around in blogland for some time now and that mom's have been making these for a long time. But I let him think that this gaming sight (which probably got the idea from a woman) had an original idea. But he was so cute in making them that I had to take pictures to show that a man can make things too.

Step 1: Get your shirt, line it with cardboard, cut out your shape and place it on your shirt
Step 2: Take your spray bottle with 1/2bleach 1/2water and spray over the top of your design.
Step 3: Remove your paper design and let your shirt "cure". After it is dry wash alone or with any other shirts you may have created as usual.
Here is another shirt he did. He was so proud.

And that's it! Now he has 2 shirts that he is very proud of and that don't have holes in the armpits, that's what I'm most excited about. Hope you all are having a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...