Monday, November 1, 2010

Triumphant Return

Hello ladies! I just have to say, wow! I have had a crazy few weeks! I had my 26th birthday last week, and it was EPIC! No car, but I got to sleep in, breakfast in bed, Season 1 of Glee on Blue-Ray, lunch with my mom, shopping by myself, a clean house when I got home, and my favorite dinner. It was so awesome! I am totally making my husband take my birthday off every year from now on!

Ok, so what have I been working on during my little break? Costumes. As money was tight this year (like always) I decided that I wanted to make both of the kids costumes for as cheap as I possibly could. I made both costumes for less that $15! Oh yeah! I ventured into new territory in the paper mache department (which will be another post.) I had so much fun making the costumes this year. I tried not to stay up into the wee hours of the morning making these, but alas, tradition prevails and I have officially become my mother.

Here is the costume that was all the rage. No matter where we went my daughter was fawned over! It was a big boost to my ego, I won't lie. Hee hee. And it also makes you feel better when you don't have to explain what the costume is, that people know right off the bat what it is. My son's costume not so much. I will post that later.

Now I will post a tutorial if you want me to. I took some pictures, but I was in a rush as I had only 4 days to make both costumes to have them ready for my father-in-law's company Halloween party that was on Friday. However I did label the picture so you can see what all I did. It was so fun, lots of hot glue, and little swearing, which is a big plus.

Hope you all had a good Halloween! Ours was fun, busy and ended like all Halloweens do, with the kids crashed in bed and mom and dad pilfering the candy.


6 comments:

  1. How adorable Please post tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the cupcake, I've seen a couple this year but none with the fluffy tulle, what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally adores the cupcake costume. Please post some tutorial. I'll try making one for my daughter's costume next Halloween holiday. Thanks.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just found your blog. {Sorry I don't remember where...It's been saved in my look at folder...and I'm SO glad I did!}

    Your daughter looks super cute. I love it.

    And whats a good craft without some hot glue and swearing? :) Talk soon!

    Amanda

    werethejoneses.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not sure how I missed this post....freakin adorable!! ;)

    Smiles,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...