Sunday, June 12, 2011

How Does Your Garden Grow?

This year is the year of lots of pretty flowers. As we have had stressful summers these past few years, I haven't really focused much on my garden or planted many things in pots. So this year I am making up for lost time.

A few weeks ago I was looking on Craigslist and found a listing for lots of rusty, old planters. Lots of galvanized pots and pans that had great character and even a very rusted Red Rider Wagon for $20! As these were things that I wanted to find from the Farm Chicks Sale but I knew that I wouldn't be able to find that many things for that little amount of money. So I got them and got planting!

I have showed you guys my table before. I got this a few years ago at an antique store for about $10 as it was on it's way to the dump because no one wanted it. I fell in love instantly with it!
This is an old pot that fits our pansies in so well! The bottom was almost rusted out so I didn't have to drill holes in the bottom for irrigation. This was one of the Craigslist finds.
This was one of last years garage sale cast offs that didn't sell. My mother-in-law just gave it to me. We planted African Daisies in it and they are coming up so nicely!
This is another of the Craigslist bunch. I love this sweet little sauce pan. It is just the right size for some wild flowers.
I have had this pan for several years. My mother-in-law gave me the pan and the Chicks and Hens in it. The only reason I am mentioning them now is that they are HUGE! They have never been this big and are growing little starts like crazy! I love when I neglect things for years and then all of a sudden they flourish!
This pan has my Calla lilies in it. I'm not holding my breath that they will actually come up this year, but next year they will be gorgeous!

This is the barn wood planter I got last year from the Farm Chick Sale that sat in my garage for an entire year. I just love how my pansies are doing in it this year and how it has lots of charm.
Meet Patches O'Houlihan. He is the garden gnome my daughter got for her birthday. My husband and I named him, but my daughter isn't super fond of the name. Can you guess what movie his name is from?
I also had to share with you my new do! It takes less than 5 minutes to do, score!, and it's fun and flirty. I love wearing my hair clips with it, the bigger the better!
Well, there you have it. How are your gardens growing this year? Have you planted anything new and exciting?

3 comments:

  1. Love your porch and planters, so lovely! The combos of chipped enamel, old metal and weathered wood are charming. Once your plants fill in your place will be gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love all those planters in your garden. They must have added to much beauty to the greens. Nice collection.

    Thanks for linking up at Tea-Time Thursdays @ Kreative Korner. Your post added to the celebration. Party for this week is going on now. Hope to see you there.

    http://tanyaanurag.blogspot.com/2011/08/tea-time-thursdays-3-and-features.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that table and your planters ... and now you've given me a fabulous idea of how I can make use of a watering can I left out all winter and now leaks from the bottom ...

    :)

    Linda
    itallstartedwithpaint.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...