Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Spring has FINALLY Sprung

Alright, I am all for April showers bring May flowers, but April and May snow?! Um, no! I am happy to report however, that spring has finally arrived.

With every year and every season you learn certain things about each child as they grow older. Here are a few things that I have learned about my kids that will be very evident with the Summer months coming:

1. Both of my kids have been sleeping so soundly now that they have been adequately worn out while playing in the sunshine.
2. Shoes are overrated.
3. Rocks will be used not only to decorate the yard, they will be used as weapons and a healthy snack at times.
4. Pants are overrated. Yes, I have become that mother that allows her son to run around in the backyard with nothing on but a diaper and a shirt... which will probably progress to just a diaper, but rest assured that I will make sure the diaper is one at all times. The reason for this is that I have officially given up chasing my son to put his pants back on all day long, so he will just have really great tanned legs.
5. Dandy lions are the most beautiful flower to pick for mom and give me as a gift daily. I love it, but then I think, "Man, we have a lot of dandy lions in our yard!"
6. Eating outside is the coolest thing ever.

Here is a little taste of what my days are like now. I couldn't get a picture of them sitting nice on the ground eating the popcorn...off the ground. However, here is the tail end of their feeding frenzy.


I hope you all are having a great week! I will resume my regular, crafty posts soon, I have just been working on my yard and my tan lately so at least I have my priorities in tact.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...