Thursday, August 27, 2009

When You Can't Buy, Make!

I received a plethora of patterns from my mom about a month ago and I have been pouring over each and every one of them to see what I can do with them. Well, the other day I just had this itch to have some new clothes, and with our budget right now, that is not an option. So I got out this super cute patter for a peasant top and decided to do it. I had all the stuff and I think I read the pattern about 58 times to make sure I new what I was doing as this was my first piece of clothing that I was making for myself without adult supervision. I think it turned out really nice, but the next time I will have to make some adjustments:
Now, my family and I suffer from a condition called, "Huge Sausage Arm Syndrome" (its a real thing... at least to me) so the next shirt I make I will be making the arms longer to go over my HUGE arms and I might even cut out a few steps and use an old t-shirt and make it look like this. So stay tuned, might be something fun to make! I just have to find the right shirt to chop up... might have to attack the husband's stash. Shhhhh! Don't tell him!

1 comment:

  1. This is a really cute shirt!! Great job! :) (Sausage arms and I dont get along either)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...