Thursday, July 2, 2009

Teaser!

I have been working on my kids nursery for... well ever since we found out we were having #2 in January, but being put on bed rest the last 2 months of that pregnancy has prolonged the finished product a wee bit. We decided to have both the kids share a room because it is just across the hall from our room and the third bed room is all the way across the house and I just don't feel comfortable having my babies that far away from me. I know, I'm weird. But here is a little teaser of the room with a small project that only took me an evening/afternoon to finish.

Have any of you seen the Pottery Barn Kids room with the Dr. Seuss decals and prints? That was my inspiration. Yep, I am doing a Dr. Seuss theme room. I like Pottery Barn's concept, but I think that how wild and crazy all the Dr. Seuss books are, things could be done a little differently and for WAY cheaper!


Now because some of the room is not complete yet, I am only going to give you just a taste of the entire room with this lamp. It originally was a really dark brown that we spray painted white for Zoe's uber pink room with a chandelier and everything. But with baby boy moving in, the pink and chandelier had to go and the lamp needed to be taken up a notch.


So I printed off a few pictures of Dr. Seuss characters and cut them individually. Then I ModgePodged each character onto the shade.




Then I took it outside, taped it off in stripes like the Cat and the Hat's hat (if that makes sense.) And TA-DA!!! Cute little lamp that didn't cost me a penny. Already had the paint, lamp, shade, paper to print the pictures, Modge Podge and scotch tape.


Now if you look behind the lamp and see the writing on the wall... Dr. Seuss titles. But you will have to stay tuned for the rest! Aren't you so excited?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...