Thursday, July 2, 2009

Death by Cheese and Noodles!

Today was one of those, "I just want to be a slug," kind of day. Yes I got a shower and the kids didn't stay in Jammie's all day, but I am still sore from weeding the garden on Wednesday (my back is still killing me.) So what do you do when you aren't feeling real great? You make comfort food! This is the easiest recipe for Tuna Noodle Casserole you will ever see! I made it a lot when I was pregnant with baby #2 (thank you honey for eating it at least once or twice a week! Dang pregnancy cravings!)

Now you won't see many recipes on my blog for a few reasons.
#1 I don't really know what I'm doing in the kitchen and don't pretend like I do!
#2 I have very picky tastes so I don't venture out very often.
But this is one of those meals that is super cheap, you normally have all the ingredients on hand all the time and it is ready in under 30 minutes! Can't go wrong with that!

Here is what you need:
1lb Bag of Noodles (any kind, the spiral ones are my favorite, but you can use whatever you have on hand.
1 Can of Cream of Mushroom Soup
1 Can of Tuna
1 Cup of Mayo
1 Cup of Sour Cream
A few good squirts of Lemon Juice (roughly a tablespoon or two, not too much though)
2 Cups of Cheddar Cheese (divided)

Cook the package of noodles as directed. Preheat oven at 400 degrees. In a separate bowl combine the rest of the ingredients, using only half of the cheese. Once the noodles are done and drained, mix all of the noodles and sauce together. Dump into a casserole dish (13"X9" is what I use) and then put the rest of the cheese onto. You may want more cheese on the top, just put however much you want on there. Cook for 20 minutes, or until the cheese is melted. Super easy, super good (not so healthy, but what comfort food is?!)

Pop in a good movie and curl up on the couch and enjoy. We watched Princess Bride, I love that movie! "Anybody want a peanut?" So try this and tell me what you think. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...