Thursday, July 2, 2009

I Ventured into New Territory...

I finished a project that was inspired by countless blogs and their love for numbers. We have had these two stools since we got married and they are just your basic stools.

I had some paint left over from painting my kid's room and thought I would just use some of it. So I sanded down both stools, not much, just roughed them up a bit. Then I primed and painted them. It was so hot out today that I had to work fast because the paint was drying too fast and that is never good.

So after I got them all painted (one coat of primer, two coats of color) I got out my transfer paper and my paint pen and went to work. I first printed off my text that I wanted and put the transfer paper underneath the page and traced it.


Then I used the paint pen and followed the lines from the transfer paper and filled it in. It looks a little whibbly if you are looking super close to it, but they look great I think! And when I paint my cabinets they will be that perfect pop of color.


Now I don't know about you, but when I am gettin' my craft on, I like to listen to a movie. I usually pick one that I have seen a gozillion times and I know what is going on without looking at the screen. Now I got this movie for Christmas from "Santa" and if you have not seen it yet, go and rent it. "Dan in Real Life" with Steve Carell, Juliette Binoche and Dane Cook. You will laugh and cry, sometimes at the same time. My favorite line in the movie is, "YOU ARE A MURDERER OF LOVE!!!!" I still cry in this movie and it still makes me laugh.
Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special

2 comments:

  1. I love that movie line too! I go through phases, sometimes I need complete silence and sometimes I need lots of sound in the background. :0) Love the stools, they look great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh... just the right touch to dress those stools up! Very cute! The stool colour is fun and bright and make me smile. :)

    Donna

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...