Thursday, July 2, 2009

Kreativ Blogger Award!!!!



I just received an award from Jen over at "The Thrifty Home"!!! I had to do a double take and make sure it wasn't a fluke, I never get anything, but I must have done something good! Thank you Jen! You have totally made my day!

The Rules:
1. Thank the person who nominated you for this award.
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3. Link to the person who nominated you for this award.
4. Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting.
5. Nominate 7 Kreativ Blogger.
6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs, letting them know they have been nominated.

7 Interesting Things... (Might be difficult for me!)
1. I come from a HUGE family, huge with a capital HUGE!!! Ever seen "My Big, Fat, Greek Wedding?" Well, that is my family, just minus being Greek and roasting a pig out in the front yard. My mom is one of 5 kids and so is my dad. I have 4 brothers, 1 sister and over 30 first cousins. I told you it was big!!! But we don't all get to see each other often but thanks toFacebook, I talk to most of them almost everyday.

2. I got married 2 months after I graduated high school at age 18. No, I wasn't pregnant, I just have always known what I wanted and didn't think that waiting would change anything. This August will be our 6 year wedding anniversary! I truly married my best friend and we have had one crazy ride these last 6 years, including adding our two children.

3. My favorite color is red. I have red EVERYTHING! A big red wall in my living room, red polkadot shoes (a must have in any girls wardrobe!), red purses, and my personal favorite, my red crock pot!!! My husband got it for me last year for my birthday while I was pregnant with baby #2 and got a lot of flack from the family about getting me an appliance for my birthday. But I was so excited when I opened it! I use it all the time and it is my favorite thing to use in the kitchen.

4. I know the lyrics to every Disney song ever created. And the sad part about this is that I knew them WAY before having kids! I was banned from bringing my music to work on Friday's for music day because no one wanted to listen to, "Its the Circle of Life," with me singing in the background using my scissors as my microphone.

5. (It's getting harder to think of things about me now!) I have an aversion to things in between my toes. I can handle flip flops, but anything in the other toes will warrant getting kicked! I cannot get a pedicure for this exact reason because I would boot the nice lady touching my feet. Just thinking about it is making my skin crawl!

6. My family (on my mom's side) and I have this very strange talent to watch any movie and be able to quote it moments later. Even when I was a child I would do it. Have any of you seen the movie, "Roxanne" with Steve Martin and Darrell Hannah? I used to wander around the house yelling, "The ladder... Is up!" as a child. Anything with Tom Hanks are my personal favorites, like "A League of Their Own." "Are you crying? There's no crying in baseball!" Classic!

7. As I am a stay at home mom of a 2 year old and a 5 month old, I have acquired a new title other than mom: Diaper-Changer-Extraordinaire! I feel like some days I am swimming in a sea of diapers, but let me tell you, I am like a cattle roper! I get the assembly line going and I can change both diapers in under a minute and yes, I do throw my hands in the air like the cowboys do after roping their calf! And yes, I do get strange looks from both of my kids because they are usually the only ones that watch me do it.

(Whew! That was harder than I thought it would be!)

7 Kreativ Blog Nominations:
1. Suzi at Suzi Homemaker
4. Lindsay at Living with Lindsay
5. The Nester at The Nesting Place
6. Ashley at Make It and Love It

I look at these blogs almost every day and I just love them! There are so many others that I look at, but it is so hard to narrow them down to just 7! Thank you again Jen, this has been one of the most flattering things anyone has given me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...