Monday, October 24, 2011

Preparing for Baby

Not mine! No no! That ship has sailed. But my sister-in-law, my husband's only sister, is having baby #2 tomorrow. Oh how I love babies. I cannot wait to sniff her little head. I've been working on this project for a few months now. I know, shouldn't have taken that long, but that's what happens when you have so many projects and alterations to do.

Apparently I'm the car seat lady. Which I'm ok with. Especially when I have such great fabrics to work with and a new machine to use! This one is from a vintage sheet set that my sister-in-law has had for a few years, but never knew what to do with it. Must have been divine intervention that she didn't use it in all that time because she was destined to have a little girl!
The brown is the fabric that I bought to recover those wing back chairs I got last summer. I never even got a chance to do that project because when we moved our garage around the chairs had become home to more spiders than I could even count, so we took them to the dump. I don't do bugs.
I just love how this turned out and to be honest I was a little emotional when I finished it. This is the car seat that brought home both of my babies and now it gets to bring home one last bundle of joy. I will post pictures when I can of baby Emma!

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...