Thursday, July 21, 2011

Cabinet Door Uses Part I

A month ago I came into a giant loot of cabinet doors. My Aunt and Uncle bought a house from a guy that made custom cabinetry and left behind dozens of doors! So, she said I can have as many as I want, which of course the hoarder in me squealed with joy. I have several projects that I have been working on with these, some to sell at a craft fair I'm doing this fall and some just for fun.

Here is one that is a very easy and fast project. Add handles to the sides of your cabinet door to make a serving tray.

We live outside during the summer and carting all our plates, silverware, and condiments outside gets a little waring as you have to make several trips in and out. So, we use a big door with handles and can carry everything out at once.

How simple and fun is that?! You can always paint it and make it festive if you want, but I loved the finish on this one and the size made it perfect!

Hope you all have had a great week!

6 comments:

  1. Great idea! Here is a post on how I recycled some cabinet doors (for example into a headboard and artwork):
    http://tinyurl.com/3eyptb6

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish i was up there to do that project with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this Idea... something else to add to the list of things I'm looking for when I go on my shopping adventures :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! I love it! So clever!! I want some doors now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is an awesome idea. You are smart :)

    Thanks for linking up at Tea-Time Thursdays @ Kreative Korner. Your post added to the celebration. Party for this week is going on now. Hope to see you there.

    http://tanyaanurag.blogspot.com/2011/08/tea-time-thursdays-3-and-features.html

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...