Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Year, New Directions

I hope I am finding you all happy and healthy and on the mend from last night. I love New Years! It makes you excited about all the new experiences you will have for the next year and reflect on the good and bad of the previous.

It also helps you to reevaluate your priorities and make goals to better yourself. Well, my goals are this:

1. Lose weight. Yes this was last years goal too, but this year I have a plan and I have help. I have read this book called "I Can Make You Thin" by Paul McKenna (the Dr. Phil of the UK). It has totally changed my thought process on food and why I eat as much as I do and how to deal with it. There were times while reading this book that I thought he was some kind of a psychic and had looked into my brain somehow and was talking to me. If you have ever tried every kind of diet and failed at it, then given up hope that you will ever lose weight. This book is for you!

2. I want to be a better mom! I have found that this past year I made a lot of things for kids other than my own! What's up with that?! So this year, I am focusing on my own kids and making them things that hopefully they will remember and cherish. Plus, I am so busy watching this new baby that I haven't had much time to play with them due to not being able to put her down for any amount of time. So I am going to start doing that and working with my kids and teaching them. It's what I'm home for. I need to play with them and teach them, because these years go so fast and I don't want to miss out on anything!
(This is an old picture but it's one of my favorites!)

3. I want to get better at photography! I know I have posted about this before, but I am truly hungry to learn! I do need a better camera, this I know, so I need to save all my pennies.
(This is the one I want. A Cannon Rebel T1i.)

4. I am most definitely going to start up an online shop of the things that I make this year. I had hoped to have it up and running this month, but it's not going to happen. So hopefully, early spring-ish I will be up and running. I want to do craft fairs and be a vendor at our local farmers market. Being home all the time makes you long for an adult conversation, so this will be my chance to get out there and make some new friends and connections. I am very excited about it.
5. I want to post more on this wee little blog. This past year has opened my eyes to a community that is so kind and supportive. The blog world can be an amazing thing if you do it right. So I hope to post more, do more features, giveaways, and just have some amazing projects on here, because I have big plans for our house this year as we are going to be in this house for one more year, then we are selling it. So this is the going to be the year of updating and sprucing up.
So, let's hope for a better and more productive year this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...