Thursday, April 8, 2010

A Conundrum

Nothing really crafty today, finishing a few hat orders right now. I need some advice. We are in the process of cleaning out the 3rd bedroom and moving one of the kids over so they each have their own room. The only problem with this room is that it is completely separate from the other two rooms, on the other side of the house. This scares me tremendously, however, we are slowly outgrowing this 3 bed/2 bath house and the kids have more... dare I say "crap" than their little room can carry anymore. It's literally bursting at the seams!

So, I need some advice from you mom's. Do I move my 3 year old daughter over to the new room, redecorate it for her, but risk her getting woken up by the heater/water heater that is on the other side of the closet? And also, do I risk her potty training at night to come to a screeching halt because the closest bathroom is on the other side of the house?

Or do I move my tank of a 1 year old, that sleeps through everything, and doesn't have as much "stuff" as his sister? The only draw back to this situation is if he moves over then I have two rooms to redecorate. Now, normally this would be my dream come true, however with our finances the way they are, it would have to be on a very tight budget (which could be fun) but would take longer to accomplish.

My husband and I are a little lost in this department and I am thinking all of you are so wonderful and give great advice. What would you do?

2 comments:

  1. Hello friend! :) My two cents...well...I think I'd move your son to the other room. I'm proof that you can decorate a kids room on $20 budget. ;) If you want to paint...check the "oops paint" section at Home Depot or Lowe's. Go shopping in your garage...or house...for things you can re-purpose or re-do. Garage sales are awesome too. :) Instead of buying new bedding, get fabric and make your own or modify what you already have...AND, since you did it, it would be custom. :) Artwork for the walls could be made using scrapbook paper or fabric scraps. If I lived near you I'd pop over to help. ;) You'll do great...I have faith in you! Have a great weekend!

    Smiles,
    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just made the transition to separate rooms too, which I recommend. I like the comment above about finding ways to decorate thriftily, and what I would do (and do do) is set a budget for decorating, evne if it's a tiny bit. You can let it accumulate or do things little by little. Also, you can use the money you make on selling hats into this fund. I would go with putting your son in the other room though, it seems like it would cause less problems. Good luck with it all!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...