Hello ladies! I hope you all had a great holiday, I know I did. We spent a "quiet" day home and enjoyed all our new goodies. But with little ones, "quiet" doesn't happen often. Haha.
Well, it is now 2010. Its crazy to think about! Why aren't we driving in flying cars yet?! Ok, yeah, I've been watching too much sci-fi lately. However, with each new year comes new goals and a new beginning. I usually don't make resolutions and if I do I usually break them within a week or I make them as a joke. But this year is different. I have resolved to do a New Year, New Me! What does this mean? No, I'm not changing everything, because let's face it, why tamper with perfection? Lol. That was for my husband who is reading over my shoulder as I type. But I think we all have room for improvement. I figure the more people that know about my goals, the more I am kept in line to keep them. Here is my resolution for 2010:
1. Lose 80lbs! WHAT?! Yeah, all the baby weight from the first and second child is still resting ever so nicely on my butt, hips and stomach... well every where I guess. So I am losing all of that weight, plus all the weight I gained since I got married almost 7 years ago. I know that its hard to do and I am looking for support wherever I can. I am thinking about starting a blog for moms/women to come and support each other and unload all their emotional struggles with one another, but I think it might just be white noise because I'm sure there are lots of those kinds of blogs around. Still need to think on that and maybe get your input.
2. For Christmas my husband asked for me to not cut my hair for a year. I agreed but only on the rules that I can trim it and thin it (as I have the thickest hair known to man, my family calls it the beast. True story.) So I am taking it one step further. I don't want to cut any length off until I have lost all the weight that I want to lose. As I have had short hair (no longer than my shoulder) since high school! This is going to be interesting!!!
3. Be more organized! One would think that having been home for over a year with my kids that I would have a system down and my house would be clean more often. However, that is SO not the case! It is a little victory for me if I get a shower in, so the dishes will have to wait. But this year, I am working on that.
4. Start an Etsy shop with some of the things that I make. Now, this is something that has been in the research stage for months and will hopefully be something that happens by late spring. I have really found my niche in making things and I find it extremely fulfilling. Any other job that I have had I was selling someone else's products. I want to start doing it for myself and help out with the bills.
5. Last but not least, I want us to be financially stable. In this economy its a closer to being just a dream than a reality. I really want us to be ok, which means I need to take more initiative in being thrifty and saving every penny we can. So all of my posts will be for cheap ideas for your house, children, menu ideas and crafts. I know I usually do that any ways, but I really want to focus on spending as little as possible.
Whew! That was a long list, but its time to make the change! What are your resolutions?