Thursday, July 2, 2009

My Addiction

Since buying our house, 5 years ago, I have been on a hunt to turn our house into a home, is that so wrong? I mean honestly, who doesn't want to personalize their house with things that mean something? Well, I think I have taken my quest to a WHOLE new level. Hi, my name is Kelseeand I am addicted to windows. (Resounding: Hi Kelsee.) And not only am I addicted to windows, I also have a bad habit of getting them, hanging them, and then not finishing my projects! But I have 2 babies, 2years and 4 months, so finishing anything is quite the task... well, that is my excuse anyway. So here are a few pictures of my obsession as kind of a "Before" picture, so you can see what they look like now and then when I am done making the into the works of art I plan on doing in the next month or so, you will all say, "Oooooo Ahhhhhh." Well that's the goal anyway.


This jewel was the first of my window finds. It originally hung over our bed, but I didn't like it there so I changed it and it is now in our dining room. It looks weird just empty, so my plan is to get some fun family pictures done of all of us and then etch some kind of a saying in the glass andModge Podge our pictures in there. And also paint it a different color because, like my hair, I like to change colors all the time!


This beauty is over my bar in the kitchen and is going to be a pot rack for these really cool copper pots that my mom gave me, I just have to polish and hang. Again, just haven't gotten around to it yet. Isn't she pretty?!


Now these two are in the garage awaiting a face lift! You can't see it but on the smaller one the big middle pane of glass is cracked (thanks to my clumsy and stupid idea of cleaning it up with a butter knife. I know, I said it was stupid!) And the bigger one needs some TLC as well. I am going to turn the bigger one into a big picture frame and hang it above the couch in the living room (it is going to look so good on that big red wall!) And the smaller one... well I don't know what I'm going to do with that one yet, but I will let you know when I do! Now if you look in the left hand corner you will see the corner of a door that my mom gave me that I was going to turn into a headboard for our bed, but it just wouldn't work, so after talking to my incredibly crafty mother-in-law, she suggested that I turn it into a chalkboard! Blast, why didn't I think of that?! Oh well. I am going to gut it and put wood behind it and turn it into a chalkboard, the bottom half for the kids and the top haft for Jeremy and I to write lists, write little notes, anything really. I am super excited!
Ok, so I will post the finished projects when I'm done. Cross your fingers that there won't be too much swearing or injuries in the process.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...