Thursday, July 2, 2009

As Promised!

I had such a blast doing this project. Not only because it made my husband shake his head, but because I knew that I had something original in my house. Well, I'm sure other people have a chalkboard door, but in Kelsee-Land, its totally original.

Here's how I did it:

First prep your area, taping off anything you don't want paint on. Then slap a coat of a good primer on there. I did this at about 11:00pm after I got the kids to bed and had a HUGE piece of chocolate cream cake... Had to have energy for the project! Well, that's what I will tell myself anyway. It literally took me only about 20 minutes to prep and about 10 minutes for the coat of primer. Maybe that cake made me work freakishly fast... hmmmm.



Cooper had to help me while I painted this afternoon... well actually he just sat quietly and stared at himself in the reflection on the oven for a half hour. But the sitting quietly helped a lot!


Then I put two coats of the chalkboard paint on and let it dry for a few hours and TA DA!!!!

I wrote this message for my husband because he is always giving me a hard time about having 15 started projects but none that are completed. Strange, but he didn't find it very funny.


As soon as Zoe got home from her Grandma day I showed her the door and she went right to work. I love it! This has to be my favorite thing in the house, other than my kids, husband, jewelry, and red wall.

Now go out and get some chalkboard paint and feed into that inner child of yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...