Monday, November 7, 2011

Stress Free Thanksgiving- Potatoes

I don't know about you but potatoes are my absolute favorite Thanksgiving side dish. I am not a fan of stuffing (Gasp!), cranberry sauce (Gasp!), or green bean casserole (not too big of a gasp as lots of people don't like the green bean casserole.) If the potatoes are good and the rolls are fantastic, everything else for me is great.

Here are a few recipes that I have found that not only you can make a few days in advance, but that they are so good!
Recipe Found Here
I've made these before and they were SOOOO good! Plus, you can make these 2-3 days in advance! You can even make it a month in advance and freeze them! Score!

The Pioneer Woman has some of the BEST recipes out there! Plus, she is a busy woman and most of her recipes are super fast! Here are a few that have been big hits in our house and might be making an appearance on our table this year.
(As I didn't get permission to use her pictures, I'll just put the links on here.)

Perfect Potatoes au Gratin
I've made these before and they were a big hit with my kids! Anything that is smothered in cheese is a hit with them. Yup, I taught them right.

Fluffy New Potatoes
My husband made these a little while ago and they were so good. If you are wanting to break with tradition a bit an have these potatoes, you will be the coolest kid on the block.

Creamy Mashed Potatoes

My mother-in-law has made these potatoes for the last few years for Thanksgiving and let me tell you, they are everything that is Thanksgiving! The best part is that you can make it a couple days in advance as well and they are so yummy.

Now stop stressing about slaving away to peel and mash up your taters the day of Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...