Monday, September 19, 2011

The Proud, The Few. The Marines.

I have been a little bit of an emotional wreck as of late, today especially. My little brother is off to boot camp today to follow his dream of being a Marine. I am insanely proud of him, terrified for him, excited for him, and just feeling all those crazy feelings of joy and terror all at once. He is fresh out of high school, all shiny like a new penny. I was 8 years old when he was born. He was the runt of the litter and we all just picked on him like crazy, but that's what you do with a baby brother.
He is such a strong and brave person. I am so proud of how he turned out, despite all that was set against him from our crazy family. I know that our late brother would be very proud of him too. He is setting out to do what none of us have, which is so brave of him, but at the same time shows how special he is.
I am just a big ball of goo today, crying at random times, for no reason. But I wanted to express my gratitude to all the brave men and women who leave their families to defend our freedom. I don't usually do a September 11th post as I get too emotional when I think about that day and all the lives that were lost. I also get emotional knowing that there are all these strangers out there that fight for me, every day. I am proud to be an American and proud that we have selfless people that defend us all. Now my little brother is going to join the ranks in that group of brave people that fight for us.

I am proud to be your sister Jake. I am so proud of you! Be safe, don't do anything crazy, stay strong, and know that I pray for you and all the others out there every day! I love you little brother!


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...