Saturday, April 9, 2011

Vintage Sheet Easter Dress

My magical sister-in-law found this vintage sheet set at Goodwill a few months ago. She gave me the fitted sheet to do what I wanted with, so I made my curly headed sweetheart her Easter dress. I have wanted to make her an Easter dress since she was born, but never had time. Then I found this tutorial from Craftiness is Not Optional and I knew this is what I wanted to make with the sheet.

The back was a little different from the tutorial as I didn't want to deal with a zipper. So I altered it to be more like this dress
And for once, she finally modeled something without fighting me!
I just love how it turned out! Plus, you know you did a good job when she asks if she can wear it the rest of the day! SCORE!!! Now onto making the little man something for his Easter outfit!

8 comments:

  1. Oh my...looove this!! Perfect for Easter (speaking of which I need to make my girls dresses!)

    I'd love if you'd consider adding this to my flickr group! So cute :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this! It's absolutely precious; very Austinesque. And your little model is super cute :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sooo cute and the dress isn't bad either! Hee Hee! No really, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! Brings back memories of my Easter dress as a little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That dress is too adorable. Great job girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a darling little dress!! SO cute! Such a pretty color too! hope you have a great weekend xo Holly

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...