Saturday, March 27, 2010

Rice Pudding and an Announcement

I rarely put recipes on here, because as I have stated before, not the best cook in the world. However, when I do find something that even I can make and it doesn't taste like a science project, I like to share said recipe with all of you! My husband decided to make this one day and I ate the entire pot all by my lonesome... I'm not lying. Gone. All of it. I even used a spatula and scraped the bottom of the pot just to get every last bit of it!

Creamy Rice Pudding
Ingredients
3/4 Cup Uncooked White Rice
2 Cups Milk, divided
1/2 Cup White Sugar
1/4 Teaspoon Salt
1 Egg, beaten
1 Tablespoon Butter
1/2 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract

Directions
1. In a medium saucepan, bring 1 1/2 cups water to a boil. Add rice and stir. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
2. In another saucepan, combine 1 1/2 cups rice, 1 1/2 cups milk, sugar and salt. Cook over medium heat until thick and creamy, 15-20 minutes. Stir in remaining 1/2 cup milk and beaten egg. Cook 2 minutes more, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, stir in butter and vanilla.

Now, you can serve warm, but I like it cold! You can also add 2/3 cup Golden Raisins to it too, but that is not my cup of tea, so I left it out. But if you like that you just add it in with the egg and extra milk. Its so good to sprinkle just a bit of cinnamon on top or do a nice swirl of Redi-Whip (and of course do a squirt in your mouth before putting it away, its mandatory!) And I wonder why I have a weight problem... hmmm. Hope you enjoy!

Now onto some fun things! There will be some big changes happening to this wee little blog of mine in the coming days. So stay tuned! And also, I will resume my more fun posts hopefully by the end of next week as I am stressed to the max with my daughter's 3rd birthday party crafts. I'll post all my fun things I've been making hopefully before then, if not after Easter. I just need to take deep breaths, have yet another bowl of Rice Pudding and make it through this week without a trip to my favorite closet and hiding.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...