Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Santa's Workshop is Almost Closed...

Almost! I still have two more gifts to make. I do my best work under pressure, but I am hopeful that I can get them done tonight so tomorrow will be reserved for baking and eating myself silly!

Here are my latest gems!

I had this on my list of things I wanted to make my mom for about 4 years now, but never got around to it. So this year I knew I wanted to make it, but Disney over at Ruffles n Stuff beat me to it. She did an awesome tutorial here. You can also find the original idea that I got it from on Country Home here.
The second is for my daughter's dress up box. She is getting several things in this, several tutus, a pirate hat, patch, lots of play jewelry, a Tinker Bell costume, ect. So to add to it I made her a "Zoe" cape! I think she will like it. She saw one on a kid a few weeks ago and asked if she could have one too. It was already on my list of things to make, so I knew it was a go! I did an appliqué of a "Z" on it and made it a little more girlie with a ruffle on the bottom, but its cute!
This is my version of the Restoration Hardware Kids catalog. I saw this:
And this is what I came out with. Not the same, mine looks like a pregnant Lock Ness monster, but I think its cute anyways. What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. Very cute on all!!! Way to go for being done! I still have one more gift, and ironically, it's one of your tutorials! I thought breck would like one of those cute little tool belts, but I'm not done yet. Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Handmade gifts ARE the best! I think your "nessie" dinosaur is super! Cute fabric choices. Enjoying looking over your blog and I'm following along now. Pam @ Sallygoodin

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...