Monday, July 13, 2009

For Kristi

First off I want to apologize for the lack of posts as of late. Life is a little crazy here what with a teething infant, potty training a toddler, dieting and exercising. Go ahead... feel sorry for me. Now that that is done here is the real post:

So about a week ago I said that the person that finds the picture of a few chairs that had been turned into a bench would receive something crafty from me (here's the link if you want to see that post). Well here it is! I didn't do a tutorial on it because it was incredibly easy and it didn't cost me ANYTHING!!!! We love those kinds of gifts!


Here's what I did:

I found an old piece of wood in the garage that was left over from something my husband made. I sanded it down to make it smooth, but it was kind of beat up (which I think adds to the character). So then I wiped it off and painted it cream. I sanded the edges down to make it look more weathered. While the paint was drying I printed off the letters off the computer and I taped them to a piece of scrapbook paper that I had. I cut each letter out and then cut the back pieces. Then I Modge Podged them all on, layer by layer. Then I got out some chocolate colored ribbon I had and used my glue gun to put it on there. Isn't it fun?!

So Kristi, you actually get to see your gift before I deliver it, sorry about that, it should be either this evening or in the next couple of days. Hope you love it! Thanks for finding that link for me so I didn't go nuts!

1 comment:

  1. Kelsee my love!! I STINKING LOVE IT!! You didn't have to make me anything, but I'm glad you did!! ;) I can't wait to get it and I can't wait to see you!! Thanks a ton!! Now hurry up and find another project and lose it so you can make me something else!! HA!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...